Lego™ Teach Fleet
Curious about what the Port of Baltimore does and what it takes to transport people and goods?
Then you’ll want to bring the family to this free event!
Maritime Expo & Career Fair on National Maritime Day
Saturday, 18 May 2013
10 AM – 3 PM
Pier 13 Canton, 4601 Newgate Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland.
Take O’Donnell or Boston Street to Newkirk Street. Follow Newkirk Street, South to end and Turn Right onto Newgate Avenue. Follow Event parking Signs. Handicap Parking: From Newgate Ave., Turn Left onto Pier 13, Canton Marine Terminal (moored just behind grain elevator), proceed down pier to N.S. SAVANNAH.
I-95 South towards FT McHenry Tunnel or
I-95 North transiting the FT McHenry Tunnel (Toll $3)-get in RIGHT LANE as exit is immediate!!
EXIT #56 – Keith Ave.
Turn LEFT at traffic light onto New Vail Street.
Proceed to traffic light and turn Right to Newgate Ave. and follow Directions for Event Parking
Handicap Parking: From Newgate Ave., Turn Left onto Pier 13, Canton Marine Terminal (moored just behind grain elevator), proceed down pier to N.S. SAVANNAH.
Special Baltimore City Bus Event Shuttle to Pier 13: Leaves from First Mariner Bank at intersection of Clinton Street, corner of Boston, red curb that serve routes 11 and 13: leaves on the half hour from 9:30 am until 2:30 pm to Pier 13. Returns from Pier 13 on the hour: starting at 10 am to 3 pm with the last bus leaving at 3:30 pm.
P R O G R A M:
- See the Lego™ Teach Fleet and ship models, visit heritage organizations that preserve the maritime history of the port, and enjoy activities.
- There will be numerous small craft; tugs, survey vessels, patrol craft, pilot boats, training vessels, and the N.S. Savannah open for tours. Visiting ships are not handicap accessible; close-toe shoes are required for boarding all vessels.
- he Maritime Institute of Technology & Graduate Studies will provide information about the training and experience needed in the maritime industry as well as the bevy of careers that provide administrative support, marketing, finances, and more.
- At 11 am, help commemorate National Maritime Day aboard the Nuclear Ship Savannah.
- Food vendors will be available.
- Parking is Free.
If you would like to be an exhibitor or sponsor this unique event, please contact: steamboatcompany at yahoo.com
Association of Maryland Pilots
Baltimore Port Alliance
Baltimore Maritime Exchange
Baltimore & Chesapeake Steamboat Company
with special thanks to the N.S. Savannah