Lego™ Teach Fleet
Curious about what the Port of Baltimore does and what it takes to transport people and goods?
Then you’ll want to bring the family to this free event!
Maritime Expo at National Maritime Day
Sunday, 18 May 2014
10 AM – 3 PM
Pier 13 Canton, 4601 Newgate Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland, 21224-6408
P R O G R A M:
- See the Lego™ Teach Fleet ship models, visit heritage organizations that preserve the maritime history of the port, and enjoy activities.
- Tour visiting vessels as well as the Nuclear ShipSavannah. Vessels are not handicap accessible; closed-toe shoes are required for boarding all vessels.
- Radio-controled maritime craft ply the waters of Pier 13.
- Introducing the new N.S. Savannah Amateur Radio Club with their first ever maritime communications event!
- The Maritime Institute of Technology & Graduate Studies will provide information about the training and experience needed in the maritime industry as well as the bevy of careers that provide administrative support, marketing, finances, and more.
- 11 am, commemorate National Maritime Day aboard theNuclear Ship Savannah.
- Food vendors will be available.
- Free Event; Free Parking; Rain or Shine.
Take O’Donnell or Boston Street to Newkirk Street. Follow Newkirk Street, South to end and Turn Right onto Newgate Avenue. Follow Event parking Signs. Handicap Parking: From Newgate Ave., Turn Left onto Pier 13, Canton Marine Terminal (moored just behind the historic grain elevator), proceed down pier to N.S. SAVANNAH.
I-95 South towards FT McHenry Tunnel or
I-95 North transiting the FT McHenry Tunnel (Toll $4)-get in RIGHT LANE as exit is immediate!!
EXIT #56 – Keith Ave.
Turn LEFT at traffic light onto New Vail Street.
Proceed to traffic light and turn Right to Newgate Ave. and follow Directions for Event Parking
Handicap Parking: From Newgate Ave., Turn Left onto Pier 13, Canton Marine Terminal (moored just behind grain elevator), proceed down pier to N.S. SAVANNAH.
BUS SHUTTLE! Special Baltimore City Bus Event Shuttle to Pier 13: Leaves from First Mariner Bank at intersection of Clinton Street, corner of Boston, red curb that serves routes 7, 11 and 13: leaves on the half hour from 9:30 am until 2:30 pm to Pier 13. Returns from Pier 13 on the hour: starting at 10 am to 3 pm with the last bus leaving at 3:30 pm.
If you would like to be an exhibitor or a sponsor of this unique event, please contact: steamboatcompany at yahoo.com
Association of Maryland Pilots
Baltimore Port Alliance
Baltimore Maritime Exchange
Baltimore & Chesapeake Steamboat Company
with special thanks to the N.S. Savannah