Come join us and learn about what the Port of Baltimore does and what it takes to transport people and goods!
~Bring the family to this free event~
Maritime Expo at National Maritime Day
Sunday, 17 May 2015
10 AM – 3 PM
Pier 13 Canton, 4601 Newgate Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland, 21224-6408
P R O G R A M:
- See the Lego™ Teach Fleet ship models, visit heritage organizations that preserve the maritime history of the port, and enjoy activities.
- Tour visiting vessels as well as the Nuclear ShipSavannah. Vessels are not handicap accessible; closed-toe shoes are required for boarding all vessels.
- Radio-controlled maritime craft ply the waters of Pier 13 in their own ‘pond’.
- Visit the N.S. Savannah Amateur Radio Club.
- 11:30 am, commemorate National Maritime Day aboard the Nuclear Ship Savannah.
- Food vendors will be available.
- Free Event; Free Parking; Rain or Shine.
More Info on the ‘Maritime EXPO at National Maritime Day’ Page
Take O’Donnell or Boston Street to Newkirk Street. Follow Newkirk Street, South to end and Turn Right onto Newgate Avenue. Follow Event parking Signs. Handicap Parking: From Newgate Ave., Turn Left onto Pier 13, Canton Marine Terminal (moored just behind the historic grain elevator), proceed down pier to N.S. SAVANNAH.
I-95 South towards FT McHenry Tunnel or
I-95 North transiting the FT McHenry Tunnel (Toll $4)-get in RIGHT LANE as exit is immediate!!
EXIT #56 – Keith Ave.
Turn LEFT at traffic light onto New Vail Street.
Proceed to traffic light and turn Right to Newgate Ave. and follow Directions for Event Parking
Handicap Parking: From Newgate Ave., Turn Left onto Pier 13, Canton Marine Terminal (moored just behind grain elevator), proceed down pier to N.S. SAVANNAH.
If you would like to be an exhibitor or a sponsor of this unique event, please contact: steamboatcompany at yahoo.com
Association of Maryland Pilots
Baltimore & Chesapeake Steamboat Company
Baltimore Maritime Exchange
Baltimore Port Alliance
Belt’s Logistics Services
Consol Energy/CNX Marine Terminal
Maryland Port Administration
McAllister Towing of Baltimore
Pride of Baltimore II
Propeller Club of the United States – Port of Baltimore
Teach Fleet Program
with special thanks to the crew of the N.S. Savannah